Monday, August 1, 2011

Illustration Friday: Obsession

I've been told recently that my illustrations are too feminine, so I'm trying something a little different. This week's word over at Illustration Friday is "Obsession." Well, if you know anything about Mr. Rasputin, you'd know that the beautiful Tsarina Alexandra of Russia became so obsessed with his (fake) healing powers, that all of her children wore a necklace with his picture and a prayer around their necks. 

Click the image for a larger view. 

7 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love the way you draw! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you're on the planet to make "feminine" art? Since half the population is female, you've got quite an audience. I like your Rasputin. Seems very art deco/Mucha like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so nice. the story is so interesting.I agree... very art deco look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on Rasputin! I so enjoy your feminine art too, I think that is part of it's appeal. Not only the subject matter but your style! Love it! It totally comes through on this guy too... very nice my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You're a Friday Favorite! http://hello7arts.com/blog/2011/08/friday-favorites-obsession/

    ReplyDelete