Friday, November 6, 2009

intelligence is knowing how much you don't know.

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”  -Mark Twain

I'm enthralled with the Danidraws blog. I could watch the demo's all day long. I had become so routine in my approach to illustration. I thought this was "my style". But after watching Dani, I'm trying new things and starting to get a real hand drawn feel to my digital art. This is my first attempt after watching one of her demos. Pears! Not the usual rigid dig. stuff- smooth and imperfect. Like me! lol. Happy Friday everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, gotta love that Twain.

    Excellent pears! And I love the drawing below of your hiding place. That would have been such an awesome hideaway spot for a kid. Just make sure to take a good flashlight so you can read in there.

    Beautiful drawings on your banner, by the way!

    ReplyDelete